Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Case Study: Uruk-hai Captain!

 Last post, I displayed my Theoden conversion and started a new series on hero upgrades called Case Studies.

Ah, the subject of my first conversion...

Yeeeaaahh, so we're doing an Uruk-hai Captain today (should be fun, just remember he's 60 points, and you can take more than one of him, WITH a very solid combat profile)

Do you run him like this?...

Uruk-hai Captains can take crossbows, but are probably only needed unless you want heavy-armored archers.

Uruk-hai Captain can take two-handed weapons, and if you're okay with D6, this is a great option to take (1+ to wound at strength 5 HURTS, A LOT).

or this?...

Uruk-hai Captains can also take shields, as I said in my last post, ALWAYS, ALWAYS TAKE IT.

Or maybe this?

It's always worth it.

Try running him in The Assault on Helm's Deep Legendary Legion (which is the only way you can get him)

The Uruk-hai Leader is a perfect leader for Isengard, with 3 Attacks, 3 Wounds, and can lead 18 troops into battle.

anyway, that sums up Case Studies for today, so have fun gaming, The Rohan GeneralšŸ˜€

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I plan on using a Captain with 2H axe for my uber-Captain in the Legion - his damage output is increased with the extra attack, he's less likely to get a horrible roll with the extra attack, and if you're going to have a D6 captain, you probably want that extra wound as well. I tend to use my shield-carrying Uruk-Hai Captains as speed bumps for big heroes (D7 with 4 dice to shield and 2 Wounds/1 Fate will cost most heroes quite a bit of Might to stomp through).

    ReplyDelete

nerf gun